In respect of Ashley's continued healing please do not copy/print any blog pictures.

Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4, 2011-Ashley continues to work hard!!

"Elisha said, 'Go around and ask all your neighbors for empty jars. Don't ask for just a few.'" 2 Kings 4:3 (NIV 2011)

Dear Lord, forgive me for the times I've kept to myself, believing I have everything necessary to solve my problems. In doing so, I may have missed Your plan for meeting my needs through others. Help me to identify pride and submit it to You. Help me to have a humble and teachable spirit. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Repeatedly, God has called me to a place of greater interdependence with others. He's worked miracles in my life when I've humbly asked for prayer. He's broken down walls of distance when I've allowed people to see the real me. I've seen His hand move at the request of my godly friends.
It's now obvious to me God designed us to work together. We are pieces of the same puzzle, and life makes more sense when we are connected.
God often plans to meet my needs through others. Yet if I keep my problems to myself, I might hinder His plan to bless my friends and broadcast His faithfulness. I'm learning to deny the lies of a prideful spirit in exchange for a humble plea for help. I'm trading my fierce independence for God's plan of community.


June 29, 2011-Wednesday. After all the therapies its our time. So take Ashley for walks. Here we are the Green House watering the plants that other patients work on during the day.


June 29, 2011-Wednesday. Now they change it up and have her do the bed.


June 29, 2011-Wednesday. They interact other activities with one. Here she is working on leg strentgh, posture, extending, coordination, memory etc.


June 29, 2011-Wednesday. Ashley working her knees exercises during PT. Was able to stay for about 30 minutes. Great job BABY!!!

June 28, 2011-Tuesday. Me and Ashley off to do the laundry on the 3rd floor. She took the suit case from my hands and said I will take it MOM.


June 28, 2011-Tuesday. Ashley in the Aquatics therapy. Doing leg exercises. She cannot go under anymore! Look how her hair is all wet. She really had fun. I wish we had a pool back home. They told me this is great therapy for her.


June 28, 2011-Tuesday. Finally Ashley gets back into the pool!! She really enjoyed this. She got in the water and started walking around. She had several objects in the pool that she had to reach for. As I looked at her I noticed she walked to the corner and suddenly went underwater to reach and grab one of the rings at the bottom. She did it so naturally, went under and stood right back up. Of course I was surprised and happy and she had a big smile when the therapist told her not to go under again. Ashley I guess remembered what it felt like to be in the pool and naturally get her hair wet.


June 28, 2011-Tuesday. This painting is on the wall in the main gym. I read it everyday and look at all the people around me working so hard to make this message so TRUE!! One step, One jump is a huge accomplishment!! Talking about jumps, Ashley was able to get two small jumps. TINIESTS STRENGTHS FOR A GREAT PURPOSE. Imagine me seeing my Daughter struggle daily when she was once a powerful strong MVP athlete.

June 28, 2011-Tuesday. Ashley playing bowling with PT-Lisa. Ashley has to aligned the poles as to where the ball will best make contact with the pins. She had to take two to three large steps with the ball in her hands and stand still and extend to release and push off the ball. It's a Lot harder than it looks for someone with this injury but Ashley did IT!


June 27, 2011-Monday. After every therapy session the therapists write down the activities that were worked on in Ashley's Red Binder. This also contains a monthly calender which the therapists review the month, day, year, place etc. at every session to help her with her short term memory.


June 27, 2011-Monday. Ashley working with OT-Lisa pulling bands wrapped on a cup. Hands strenghtening.


June 27, 2011-Monday. Ashley now working on pushing marbles through a small opening in a container. This helps with strenthening her fingers and hands.

June 27, 2011-Monday. Ashley here is working with her Occupational Therapists Lisa. Ashley is working on her hand, wrists strengths while standing and keeping her posture. Ashley has to scoop up wooden pieces and transfer them to the next container. This was very hard and took some time for Ashley but at the end she did IT!! This will help her when she is also learning to feed, groom, brush her teeth etc.


June 27, 2011-Monday. Ashley is with her Speech Therapist Rachel. Doing money strategies.


June 26, 2011-Sunday. As we were in the room I went to the window and kneeled on the chair to look out the window and then Ashley walked over and got on her knees on the chair next to me and started looking outside as well. I started asking her to tell me the colors of the cars she saw outside as I took this picture because being on her knees was something Ashley could not do a month ago! Can't wait to see her join us kneeling at Mass back home. Right in front of her is Our Blessed Mother Mary holding the Rosary that David bought at the Gift Shop. It's BEAUTIFUL!!


June 26, 2011-Sunday. My beautiful Ashley. She has such a sweet heart and is always smiling. Going down the hall ways everyday everyone she passes either smiles, says hi, gives her a high five, hugs, stops to see her nails, and she always says thank you and wishes them a great day. In her eyes she sees no suffering, problems, pain or evil. Its all smiles, laughs and determined to work hard and does as the therapists ask. She is just a sweet heart with Angels all around her. She is always at PEACE.


June 25, 2011-Saturday. Ashley with Scotty Thompsom who is also a part of "THE CLIMB" group and who suffered an Anoxic Traumatic Brain Injury from a Heart Attack about four years ago. He came to TIRR and started his recovery and healing. He is currently driving and a retired CEO of a large company and now volunteers at TIRR. His picture in the back made the famous miracles wall at TIRR. This is him in his vacation home in Colorado after his recovery! He has been a great motivation for us and says Ashley is just a CUTIE!!


 June 25, 2011-Saturday
Steve and Ashley after "THE CLIMB" Support Group Meeting.


June 25, 2011-Saturday. Every Two Weeks the support group for Traumatic Brain Injury families get together at TIRR. We have met many beautiful families from everywhere who are currently at TIRR or former patients of TIRR. Trauma can come to YOU, anyone, unannouced and at anytime in our lives. We met Steve who suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury a few years ago. He has a powerful story. He was not suppose to be alive today but he is and he is just about to finish his Masters and has a great talent on the piano. What has kept him going was his families & friends prayers and FAITH!!


Love The Olivarez Family. Phil 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment