In respect of Ashley's continued healing please do not copy/print any blog pictures.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what
is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Corinthians 4:18 (NIV)

Dear Lord, give me eyes to see the unseen today. Help me discern what
is temporary and what is eternal, and handle both well.
In Jesus' Name, Amen


Ashley continues to receive therapy at Milestones. Her speech has increased a little and seems to stand for a longer period of time without much fatigue at her knees. She answers our questions and sometimes lets us know what she wants. We continue to experience to many beautiful messages from the LORD. He lets us know that Ashley will be okay and our family will be okay. We are growing stronger and stronger everyday as we get closer and closer to our Lord. We have seen many falling stars in the dark sky but one night as we sat in the back yard swing after having an emotional and stressful day me and David witnessed a very unique and beautiful falling star which came straight down from the sky and vanished right above the roof of our house. The Lord sent it to us to distract us from the pain and worry that we were feeling at the time. Amazing how our GOD sends us signs of his love and beauty to replace the pain and worry. I was surprised to hear Ashley use some of her old funny words. As I walked Ashley from my bedroom to the living room she reached out to grab a bottle of water that was on the dresser. I told that was not her's and that she is not suppose to grab any drink. I told her it does not have your name on it nor did I tell you that it is safe for you to drink. She looked at me and said with a very cool voice, "Oh My Bad!". I quickly turned with a big smile and said what? say that again! and we laughed with such a surprise and happiness to hear something so simple but yet so promising. She has been asking for her favorite fast foods like pizza, whataburger and big macs. We have bought these foods for her and have given her a very small piece to taste. Sometimes I have her help me pick out clothes for her to wear. Many times she does not like what I have put out on the bed for her. So I have to continue trying to get something she likes. I have been having a hard time selecting to buy her new clothes. I was able to get her favorite jeans and some tops. I need to get her some shoes and more tops. She told me the other day what I had been waiting to hear for a long time, "Mom let's go shopping!". I asked her what do you want to buy and she said, "pants and shirts". I asked from what stores? she said, "Abercrombie, Hollister, American Eagle and Aeropostle". These were her favorite shopping stores at the Mall. She has been doing very well in Mass. She continues to walk strong from the back of the church to the front alter to receive communion. The days are going by so fast and we are just trying to keep up with so much that needs to be done. We still have our Christmas tree and Christmas decorations up. Ashley enjoyed going to the San Juan Shrine last weekend to the candlelight celebration for our ACTS sisters who were on retreat. She felt the HOLY Spirit and started shaking her hips with the spiritual music we were hearing. The candlelight was amazing and I was so excited to be back with my ACTS sisters and brothers. The Lord is so awesome that David has been called to be on TEAM for the ACTS Men's English Retreat coming up in April. I tell you we continue to receive so many blessings from our LORD everyday. He has also blessed David by having him return to work. He is now employed at Johnny Economedes High School. My son Adrian is now taking care of Ashley and doing an awesome job. I ask for your continued prayers for my son Adrian to have the patience, compassion, love and strength to care for his sister as we leave him so we can go to work and continue providing for our family as best we can. We look forward to Ashley's follow up appointment in San Antonio in March. We ask for your prayers for Ashley to soon be able to have a fluent speech and be able to swallow her food she will no longer have the G-Tube. It is very hard to sit down and eat a meal in front of Ashley knowing she is not able to eat food at this time. We know that the LORD has big plans for ASHLEY and he is molding her and we will soon see his beautiful work of art. Love one another, help one another, take the time to pray and thank our LORD above for everything you have is because of him. WE LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!! Enjoy our pictures.

Love the Olivarez Family

Lourdes Olivarez,
God Bless and Have
a Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment