In respect of Ashley's continued healing please do not copy/print any blog pictures.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

June 30, 2011 Thursday

"Share each other's burdens..." Galatians 6:2a (NLT)


Dear Lord, we are grateful that there is no trench too deep, no place too dark that you can't reach us. It is because of You we are never alone. Thank You for Your care and faithful love. Help us to share in the burdens of another, and seek You in our greatest moments of need. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


Hello Everyone, Today June 30th we got notified that Ashley's discharge date will be the 9th of July and she got approved for outpatient therapy here in Houston for about 4 to 5 weeks. This is very great news for her to have this opportunity to further her healing, learning and strengthening here in Houston before going home in early August. I pray that all goes well so that I may be able to go back to work on the 18th of July and David will stay with Ashley in Houston and take her to outpatient therapy. With me and David working it will be very difficult for us to have this opportunity again so we have been praying for the Lord to give us as much as possible and to keep opening doors for my Ashley and our Mighty Lord has been answering our prayers. We also thank the friends and family members that have donated to Ashley's healing benefit. We are in great need and you all have given to us and helped us so that we can continue moving forward with Ashley's healing. When I came to Houston, David had to go home to follow up with his doctor on his high blood pressure condition. Being in the hospital with Ashley was affecting his health condition. I don't know what I would do without my husband. We have met so many families that come to TIRR from very far away or other states that feel and say the same that we do "We Wish We had A TIRR back HOME!!!". Sometimes families are on a waiting list to get into TIRR and we may not get this opportunity again!! We look forward to going home and going back to work and seeing all our family and friends that have supported us from the beginning. I tell the families here that we have such a big group of family and friends back home that are constantly praying for Ashley and because of you all and your strong and faithful prayers Ashley is where she is at today. But we are not done, we don't know what lies ahead for us because The Lord is not Done! Please Keep Praying !!! Ashley still requires 24/7 supervision and full assistance with grooming, bathing, dressing, hygene, eating, safety awareness, short/long term memory, cognitive, motor planning, speech, etc. She is in good health and does not require any medications. Her Spirit is beautiful as well as her Smile. It's all in God's TIME and We Trust in HIM!! Love The Olivarez Family. PHIL. 4:13/P.U.S.H.


"As my ChildHood Girlfriend, Lupe Johnson in Turlock, California told me, Lulu Live By IT!!

(I Can Do All Things Thru JESUS CHRIST who Strengthens ME!! PHIL. 4:13)


June 30, 2011-Thursday. Big Doggy! Very friendly n well trained.



June 30, 2011-Thursday. Too CUTE!!


June 30, 2011-Thursday. "Woody" sitting pretty for the camera and waiting for his treat all dressed up for the 4th of July.



June 30, 2011-Thursday. Ashley gets a friendly paw shake from "Woody".



June 30, 2011-Thursday. Every Thursday Ashley gets a visit from a group of loveable and cute therapy dogs. Here Ashley is holding "Sassy".


June 30, 2011-Thursday. Im so proud of my Ashley she gives me such strength because she shines with the Lord's Love. I am so thankful for this opportunity, we have seen great progress. She loves to talk on the phone, dance, laugh, smile, says HI to everyone and puts a smile on their face. She is eating very well. NO MORE G-TUBE feedings!!. She is making great progress on dressing and putting on her socks and shoes.


June 30, 2011-Thursday. Ashley here is pushing the wheel cart full of hand weights. This was good for her legs, motion control, arm strength, determination to complete the task.


June 30, 2011-Thursday. Ashley got a SURPRISE visit from her good friend from back home, Tori Garza. Tori spent the day with Ashley and got see the great things and hard work Ashley is doing at each of her therapy sessions. Thank you Tori for Ashley's gift and your special time with Ashley. She was really excited to see a familiar face.


June 30, 2011-Thursday. Ashley is getting into the pool for aquatics. She really enjoys this session.

June 30, 2011-Thursday. Here is Ashley with Laura Garza a graduate student from the 2009 Edinburg High School class. We met Laura at Aquatics therapy and she is here at TIRR as she is continuing her studies to become a therapists. We were so excited to meet someone from back home. Good Luck to Laura! We know she will do a great job with everything she experienced and learned here at TIRR.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley I miss you so much, I haven't forgotten about you! I've been so busy, but you're still in my prayers. I really hope I can see you soon.
    When school starts and I'm back in the valley.
    Mrs Olovarez here is my number 9562818689
    I want to visit ashley, I've been wanting to.
    She is always In my prayers.
    & I havent forgotten about her <3
    Thank you! Please txt me so I could see her!-
    -Little Wendy,
    If you go on WWW.google.com
    Type out (Wendy Ochoa)
    Mine & Ashleys photo from last yr comes out!
    :)
    it is heart touching!

    ReplyDelete