In respect of Ashley's continued healing please do not copy/print any blog pictures.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Here We GO! Ashley's Great Start at TIRR!





"...though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again..." Proverbs 24:16a, (NIV)



I've always admired people who aren't afraid to fail. You know the ones who don't even consider defeat when they blow it; people who see a personal setback as just another goal to conquer.




Lord, I'm so thankful for Your grace that reminds me there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Because my steps are established by You, Lord, I will believe that You delight in me even when I fail or fall. Today, I want to take Your hand and trust Your heart as You pull me back up again and use my failures to help me become the confident woman You created me to be. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Good Morning everyone just wanted to share an update on Ashley’s official 1st day of therapy at TIRR hospital on Monday, June 13, 2011. Her day started early because they bring her breakfast @ 7:30a.m. to 8:00a.m. so David gets her up early and gets her washed up and dressed so she can eat some breakfast to be ready for her first therapy session. During Speech Therapy she was ordered a swallow study to be done on Monday. David says she did very well during her swallow study with the different thicken barium liquid that she was tested on. She will continue eating food orally verses thru her G-tube. Dr. Tastard’s plan is to remove the G-tube by sometime next week. (AMEN!) Let me add that Ashley is not on any medications and has not been for about nine months now. David has just had her on a variety of vitamins which doctors have encouraged and approved of. In Physical Therapy they had her do sit ups. This had not been done before because of the CAUTION of her G-tube but Ashley did very well. David says she looked so strong just as if she were training for a cross country or track meet. She did about 15 sit ups on her own with the therapists holding her feet.(HEY Ashley! Go Baby Go!) During Occupation Therapy they observe and assist with her feeding and dressing herself. Ashley is off to a great strong start but David is experiencing sinuses, red itchy watery eyes, headaches and not sleeping well. As a caregiver in a hospital setting or home it is very tiring and stressful mentally and physically especially when the patient is dependent and requires 24/7 supervision. Please pray that David may continue to stay strong and can overcome and keep up with Ashley and the therapists. Also I request prayers for the doctors and therapists here at TIRR. When I talk to Ashley on the phone, I remind her to be strong and keep working hard, there are many people praying for her, and that love and believe in her so much. Please keep praying for Ashley and all the beautiful MIRACLES at TIRR hospital fighting to recover from their Brain Injury to someday soon go back home to their loved ones. Our lives have taken a different exit from the normal lane that a lot of people set to follow and they think that something traumatic may never come into their lives. As Jesus was different and many turned their backs on him, but he kept moving forward carrying his cross knowing that there was a great reward at the top of the mountain. We to continue to carry our cross because Jesus is around my Ashley everyday! Do not be blind, continue your strong faith, reach out and give, help the ones in need without being asked to and await your blessings. Do not get lost in the misleading and materialistic world, open your hearts to our LORD and worship and praise him. May God Bless and Protect You and Your loved ones. Love the Olivarez Family. Phil. 4:13. P.U.S.H

2 comments:

  1. Ashley is simply a gift from God. She is an angel on this earth. She has been blessed with a family that has never stopped being there for her no matter what the circumstances. God knows why he does what he does. He sees us keeping our faith. Ashley is 110% heart. She will overcome every and any obstacle in her path. (She just has to be told that a Bobcat is right behind her). She has already begun to change lives and I say this because it's happened with me. I'm a better person now thanks to Ashley and the rest of the Olivarez family. I love you guys and I'm here every step of the way for y'all. Have a great day!

    "He who has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." - John 14:21

    Keep the Faith! :)

    ReplyDelete